I took a recipe out of Taste of Home February 2012 magazine and adapted it (basically using cheaper ingredients).
Chicken Marsala with Gorgonzola
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper
3 tbs. olive oil, divided
1/2 lb. sliced baby portobello mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup marsala wine
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
2 tbs. minced fresh parsley
Valentine’s Chicken (Love Chicken)
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, cook chicken in 2 tbs. oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
I served the entree with a salad and baked potato (rolled in butter and sea salt, then cooked on baking sheet for an hour or more at 350 degrees). I may never cook a potato in the microwave again!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbs canola oil, divided
- ½ lb. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sauvignon blanc wine
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup crumbled bleu cheese, divided
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, cook chicken in 2 tbs oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining oil until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by a third.
- Stir in cream and remaining salt.
- Return to a boil; cook until slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to pan and add ⅓ cup cheese.
- Cook until cheese is melted and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Want to see our amazing surprise 25th wedding anniversary celebration? Or more easy, family tested recipes? How about 25 DIY Projects for Valentine’s Day? Please stay and visit. We love Valentine’s Day!