One of our favorite family recipes is Chicken in Sour Cream Sauce or we call it Chicken and Chipped Beef.
8 boneless chicken breasts
1 jar dried beef
8 strips of bacon
16 oz. sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken soup
Lightly grease 9×13 glass casserole dish and line with dried beef.
Wrap bacon around chicken breasts and lay on dried beef.
Mix sour cream and chicken soup together.
Pour over chicken.
Cook for 1 hour at 350 degrees or until tender.
Since a jar of dried beef is so expensive I use the smallest package of sliced sandwich meat (such as Buddig) in a ham or beef flavor to save money.
The sauce thins as it cooks but you can also add water to create a thinner sauce.
Can also be cooked in a crock pot at 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low.
Excellent served with roasted potatoes and a green vegetable or salad.
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 jar dried beef
- 8 strips of bacon
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- Lightly grease 9x13 glass casserole dish and line with dried beef.
- Wrap bacon around chicken breasts and lay on dried beef.
- Mix sour cream and chicken soup together and pour over chicken.
- Cook for 1 hour at 350 degrees or until tender.
Want some more ideas for dinner? How about Crock Pot Lasagna, Chicken Pockets, Easy Enchiladas or Omelette in a Bag? Click the tab at the top under food to see all the options from my blog!