My son Joshua is home from college and like most young males, starts emptying out the cupboards late in the evening. Last night was no exception and these delicious No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies were the result!
Among the many important things I try to teach my kids is the ability to read a recipe, shop for ingredients and make themselves at home in the kitchen.
This first year of college has challenged my son because he lives on a campus where there is no cafeteria. Unfortunately, he made a lot of unhealthy food choices but now that he’s home I’m encouraging him to do better.
Ummm……about that. This recipe does not qualify as healthy.
There’s always tomorrow!
These are not the prettiest cookies but are absolutely delicious with a glass of milk. They’re quick, easy and even taste good for breakfast. (Don’t ask how I know that.)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 tbs cocoa
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups instant oatmeal
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except peanut butter and oatmeal and cook over medium heat.
- Let boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and oatmeal.
- Spoon out quickly onto wax paper or aluminum foil.
- Cookies will harden as they set.
Love chocolate as much as I do? Click on the picture to be taken straight to the recipe.