I am so excited I was asked to share a recipe using Post Cereal. My husband is a huge fan of another type of cereal bars, but I won him over with these!
I knew I could come up with something yummy that satisfies his cereal craving yet would taste good enough to eat for breakfast or even for dessert!
This cereal bar recipe might be a bit more like a dessert than breakfast bar, but if you consider marshmallows acceptable for breakfast this one is for you!
I love that Post Honey Bunches of Oats is so much healthier than more sugary cereals, and the taste is so great we were fighting over it!
With only four ingredients this recipe couldn’t be easier. The fruity taste the dried cranberries add make this a perfect fall or winter treat.
Your only problem will be keeping your family out of it!
Mama might have actually eaten some of the cereal right out of the box. ~hanging head in shame~
I was surprised at how well the ingredients held together. I like to think of the marshmallows as the glue.
Just don’t tell your kids they can eat the glue!
Walgreen’s has a great deal on any Post brand cereal (Honey Bunches of Oats, Fruity Pebbles, Great Grains and Great Nut) this week with an in-store promotion for $1.99 a box.
Run, don’t walk to Walgreen’s and make this recipe for your family. They’ll love you for it!
- 8 cups Post Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 10.5 oz. pkg mini marshmallows
- 1 cup dried cranberries 5 oz. pkg
- Combine cereal and cranberries in a large greased bowl.
- In large microwave-safe bowl, combine marshmallows and butter and microwave on high for 1 minute. Immediately stir until smooth.
- Pour over cereal mixture. Toss until cereal is evenly coated.
- Turn into greased 9x13 baking pan and press evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
You can use any kind of dried fruit (cranraisins, blueberries, raisins, etc.).
Do not overcook marshmallows and butter.
You can line baking dish with aluminum foil and grease if desired.